Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the greeniupac2016.eu .
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically.
Personal Data that we collect about you
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Site will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data. In particular:
When you register for a greeniupac2016.eu account we collect your full name, email address, and account log-in credentials.
When you fill-in our online form for “Accommodation and Travel”, we collect your full name, work email, country, and anything else you tell us about your project, needs and timeline.
When you respond to greeniupac2016.eu emails we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses.
If you are a greeniupac2016.eu User, you will provide your contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, organization, email address, and abstract data. As part of your relationship with us, we may also receive financial and personal information about you, such as your date of birth and government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your address of governative organization ).
If you are a Registered user, when you make payments or conduct transactions through greeniupac2016.eu website , we will receive your transaction information. We may receive this information directly from you, or from the greeniupac2016.eu business partner (Banco di Sardegna). The information that we collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information. The greeniupac2016.eu User will determine the payment methods that it enables you to use, and the payment method information that we collect will depend upon the payment method that you choose to use from the list of available payment methods that are offered to you by the greeniupac2016.eu payment form.
Information that we collect automatically on our Sites
When you visit our site, we record information about your use of our Site, including:
Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting;
Internet cookies on website are required to provide you with a better user experience. They are small text file on your device / computer hard drive and their use is to track how you use the website, to keep you logged into the website where applicable, to display relevant adverts or content, referred you to a third party website.
Some cookies will be saved for specific time periods, where others may last indefinitely. Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
How We Use Personal Data
We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with our Users, to comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate business/research interests. We also use Personal Data to complete payment transactions and to provide payment-related services to our Users.
We may send you email communications about greeniupac2016.eu events, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for research purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law. When we collect your contact details through our participation at other IUPAC events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our services and, with your permission, include you on our marketing information campaigns.
How We Disclose Personal Data
greeniupac2016.eu does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
- greeniupac2016.eu . We share Personal Data with other IUPAC or Universiy entities in order to provide our Services and for internal administration purposes.
- Business partners. We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our Services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (Banco di Sardegna) when we provide payment processing services, and the “Regent International” as the official organizing for accommodation and Travel.
Your Rights and Choices
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive event-related emails from us, you may send an e-mail to unsubscribe from our list . We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. To unsubscribe, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How you can see or change your account Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to your greeniupac2016.eu account or by contacting us.
- Your data protection rights. Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Data we control about you:
- The right to request confirmation of whether greeniupac2016.eu processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
- The right to request that greeniupac2016.eu rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that greeniupac2016.eu erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that greeniupac2016.eu restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while greeniupac2016.eu considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that greeniupac2016.eu make an update to your Personal Data); and
- The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.
Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- Process for exercising data protection rights. In order to exercise your data protection rights, you may contact greeniupac2016.eu as described in the Contact Us section below. We will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your Personal Data. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your country.
- For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. If we no longer need to process Personal Data about you in order to provide our Services or our Sites, we will not maintain, acquire or process additional information in order to identify you for the purpose of responding to your request.
Security of your Data
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Your Personal Data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
We hold the information about you within our server provider;
Our server provider is Aruba S.p.A.
Retention of your Data
If you are a greeniupac2016.eu User, we retain your Personal Data as long as we are providing the Services to you, and until 10 years from the end of the Green Iupac 2016 Conference (8th September 2026). We retain Personal Data after we cease providing Services to you, even if you close your greeniupac2016.eu account, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for cultural and scientific motivations being the Conference a Series of International Conferences on Green Chemistry organized on biennial basis. We also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Links To Other Websites.
The Services may provide the ability to connect to other websites. These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. If any linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the website or the privacy practices of the operator of the website.
- For Regent International SRL – Via Appennini, 47 – 00198 Rome Tel +39 06 84460.1 Fax +39 06 84460318
- Banco di Sardegna S.p.A. , address: Piazzetta Banco di Sardegna 1 – 07100 Sassari – Fax 079226506 -e-mail: email@example.com
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
Controller of personal Data
For the site greeniupac2016.eu theController of personal data is :
Chair of IUPAC Interdivisional Committee on Green Chemistry for Sustainable Development ICGCSD
Chair of IUPAC International Conference on Green Chemistry
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
University Scientific Campus,
Via Torino 155,
30172 Venice, Italy
Tel +39 041 2348642